Eastern Virginia Ear Nose & Throat Specialist (EVENTS) in Chesapeake, VA is searching for a qualified Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work within the Allergy Department to perform allergy injections, allergy testing and additional job duties within the allergy department. The ideal candidate should be a licensed professional; detail oriented and love being part of a team — focused on providing excellent services for our company. The candidate should be someone who is looking for a long-term position and would have a “can do” and “will do” attitude. They must be able to work independently & demonstrate the ability to contribute positively to the team.
Full-time position within the Chesapeake / Harbour View / Virginia Beach allergy departments. Must be willing to travel to each office location when needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Follow allergy department protocols.
Qualifications / Education
Medical Assistant (MA) degree or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Skills & Abilities
- Able to work independently
- Has basic mathematical skills
- Able to give injections and draw blood
- Administering injections requires the same procedural process over and over. Candidate must be comfortable in doing the same tasks repeatedly
- Good at independently problem solving
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to allergy antigens
- Organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain a positive team oriented attitude with attention to detail
- Computer software network applications and applicable EMR software
Four day work week (Monday – Friday) which equals 40 hrs/week. Start time 7am. End time 5:30-6pm.
Prior to the decision of hiring, the candidate will be required to do a 1-2 hour shadowing experience with the allergy department to clarify details of the position and to see if it would be a good fit. We are focused on finding someone who will be a good fit, long-term, to work with the fantastic team the company currently has.
Pay: $13.50 – $15.50 per hour
Career Level Required: Medical Assistant or LPN degree.
Job Status: Full Time
Contact Information: 500 Independence Pkwy #100, Chesapeake VA